Tuesday 12 August 2014

Final Idea/Concet

For my final idea i am using the meeting between material and skin. After developing five alternative ideas, and discussing them with my tutors, i have decided on incorporating heat into it, What happens to the material on skin when the skin heats up and produces sweat? My idea is to create a space that allows me to show a range out fashion work i have created.

My fashion design idea: I have designed some garments that will emphasis the parts of the body that sweat. The idea is to fit them to dances and and let them dance around a space that is mechanically heated - something like a hot yoga room - The material that will be used is a stretchy cotton. This fabric allows the sweat to be absorbed but still leaving a mark to be seen. When thinking about colour, the reason I've chosen  light grays, light blues and light purples is because i needed a colour that would be light enough to show dark sweat and would actually show up. For example if I'd used a dark green the dark sweat patch wouldn't show up but again if I'd used a cream colour, there is no darker shade of cream so i wouldn't also show up.

No comments:

Post a Comment